View Poll Results: Do some Covid Vaccines Cause Heart Problems

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, More than was expected

    1 25.00%
  • Yes, But in tolerable limits

    1 25.00%
  • No

    0 0%
  • Doesn't Matter

    2 50.00%
Results 1 to 21 of 21

Thread: Do some Covid Vaccines Cause Heart Problems?

  1. #1

    Default Do some Covid Vaccines Cause Heart Problems?

    Thoughts?

  2. #2
    Does Covid cause death? Only a tolerable amount of it?
    Hope is the denial of reality

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Does Covid cause death? Only a tolerable amount of it?
    The choice isn't binary between take vaccine and don't take vaccine. There are multiple vaccines now, some of which have been restricted in other countries due to hearth related issues.

  4. #4
    Because there are other vaccines. They're still better than no vaccine.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    12,031
    Life is full of side effects. One of them is people mistaking searching for confirmation of their prejudices on Google for actual research.
    Congratulations America

  6. #6
    I was hospitalized after a booster last fall but I'm still eager to get this new booster. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  7. #7
    I haven't taken a booster yet. I want to. I should. But I just never seem to get around to it.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I haven't taken a booster yet. I want to. I should. But I just never seem to get around to it.
    I 3D printed a bunch of them the other day. Should I send you one?
    .

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I haven't taken a booster yet. I want to. I should. But I just never seem to get around to it.
    Really?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    I haven't taken a booster yet. I want to. I should. But I just never seem to get around to it.
    Might as well wait until the Omicron-specific one is approved in the near future.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    I 3D printed a bunch of them the other day. Should I send you one?
    A round to-it, that is.
    .

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Amsterdam/Istanbul
    Posts
    12,031
    I had 4 shots and then got covid, so what gives. I probably will still get the booster.
    Congratulations America

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I had 4 shots and then got covid, so what gives. I probably will still get the booster.
    Here in the US they say the boosters might not protect you from contracting the virus but will help to prevent your death from it. Are they lying to you guys over there?
    .

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Being View Post
    Here in the US they say the boosters might not protect you from contracting the virus but will help to prevent your death from it. Are they lying to you guys over there?
    I think the vaccine is generally considered to offer minimal, if any, protection from contracting the virus, and this is pretty much what every official source says. Then again, over here 69% of the population is vaccinated (this figure includes those who haven't had the booster), but among the positive tests that are reported daily, proportion of vaccinated folks is somewhere in the 55-60% area. It is difficult to control for other factors, though - on one hand, the vaccinated folks probably take the whole pandemic more seriously, and are more likely to follow the recommendations regarding hygiene, avoiding crowded areas, etc. On the other hand, for much the same reason the vaccinated folks are more likely to actually get tested.
    Carthāgō dēlenda est

  15. #15
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    "That is, the number of young men's lives saved from COVID-19 vaccination undoubtedly outweighs whatever it is Ladapo is touting here—which is probably nothing."

    Almost no one in that age group dies from COVID... (be sure not to count people dying who happen to have had COVID like say George Floyd). The interesting thing is that it isn't just Florida sounding the alarm about myocarditis. See Sweden and Denmark changing their views on Moderna due to myocarditis.

  17. #17
    Right, Lewk. We all know there are no long term consequences of Covid other than death.
    Hope is the denial of reality

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    "That is, the number of young men's lives saved from COVID-19 vaccination undoubtedly outweighs whatever it is Ladapo is touting here—which is probably nothing."

    Almost no one in that age group dies from COVID... (be sure not to count people dying who happen to have had COVID like say George Floyd). The interesting thing is that it isn't just Florida sounding the alarm about myocarditis. See Sweden and Denmark changing their views on Moderna due to myocarditis.
    And yet the few in that age group that do die from it still massively outnumber the ones from the same group who might have died from vaccine-related heart issues.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Right, Lewk. We all know there are no long term consequences of Covid other than death.
    For most people there are none.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    For most people there are none...
    ...that they are experiencing yet. "...researchers noted an increased risk of Alzheimer's disease among those infected with the virus."

    Obviously something they won't show symptoms of right off the get go.
    .

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    For most people there are none.
    For most people, there are no long-term side effects to the vaccine either. Except a far larger number face long-term Covid symptoms than vaccine side effects.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •