Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: UK General Election 12 December

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    "Get Brexit done" is a possibly the worst of all of the pathetic slogans peddled by our criminal Vote Leave government.

It must surely only appeal to children and those with learning difficulties.

But perhaps I'm being unfair to children.

On another note I've spoken with 2 people recently who say they'll be voting Brexit Party. I asked them if they were comfortable voting for a party with an unelected leader and no manifesto. They were.

Can anyone explain that?

Quote Originally Posted by gogobongopop View Post
    "Get Brexit done" is a possibly the worst of all of the pathetic slogans peddled by our criminal Vote Leave government.

On another note I've spoken with 2 people recently who say they'll be voting Brexit Party. I asked them if they were comfortable voting for a party with an unelected leader and no manifesto. They were.

Can anyone explain that?
    No, I can't. Treating the European Election as a protest vote was one thing, it sent a loud and clear message and toppled the failed Prime Minister.

This is a General Election though. Be serious! There is no good reason at all to vote for the BXP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    No, I can't. Treating the European Election as a protest vote was one thing, it sent a loud and clear message and toppled the failed Prime Minister.

This is a General Election though. Be serious! There is no good reason at all to vote for the BXP.
    So it's ok to vote BXP if it's a protest vote to send a clear message that Johnson's deal "isn't Brexit" and to topple him?

Like you did?

So it's ok to vote BXP if it's a protest vote to send a clear message that Johnson's deal "isn't Brexit" and to topple him?

Like you did?

No! The General Election is not a protest ballot.

The European Parliament I voted to make our MEPs redundant - not to elect a government. Thus it didn't matter who the MEP was, because they would have no power and be made unemployed shortly. The General Election is not the same thing, I would never have done that in a General Election.
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

No! The General Election is not a protest ballot.

The European Parliament I voted to make our MEPs redundant - not to elect a government. Thus it didn't matter who the MEP was, because they would have no power and be made unemployed shortly. The General Election is not the same thing, I would never have done that in a General Election.
    You did something stupid that does have some consequences. The most obvious consequence of the stupid thing you did was that you helped waste money—some of which is yours—on 29 useless or downright harmful MEPs. As a protest vote, your vote has had no positive effect on your position in the Brexit negotiations or Brexit process; had you voted for productive and competent MEPs, you would've increased the likelihood of at least someone getting value for money for the duration of their tenure, however short or long that may prove to be.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."

Can anyone explain that?
    Well, RandBlade and his ilk have been firing up the craziness for over two years with talk about the merits of leaving with no deal or as some call it WTO terms that any deal sounds like abject surrender.

I don't think they understood a good portion of the electorate would internalize that. But it's basically a case of making your bed and having to sleep in it.

The upcoming election may bring some clarity, but it would not surprise me if you wind up with an even bigger mess in Westminster.

One thing I do expect is the DUP losing seats.
    Congratulations America

If you're a Tory Leaver, I think voting Brexit party is a great move. Especially if you're in a marginal Tory/Lab or Tory/Lib constituency (or else it's just a symbolic gesture).

Randblade, you should vote for the Brexit party again. That was a really smart move last time and it could work again. The Tories are only pursuing the line they are now because their electoral position is so fragile. If they come back with a large majority, where's the incentive for them to really push for Brexit? They could spin it out indefinitely. We could still be doing Brexit by the time your grandchildren are old enough to vote.

Johnson already broke his promise in leave on the 31st come hell or high water, and he could do so again. He needs to be disciplined.
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Can you imagine how upset Brexiteers would be if May pulled her deal away from parliament after it had been voted for a second reading?

Brexit blocking stuff at its finest. The treacherous remoaner mutineer.

Just to be clear, Loki accused him of being a liar—which he demonstrably is—and of pissing off his family—which he appears to have done—and of being corrupt—which, in light of the Arcuri matter, is arguably the case—and of being an awful person—which, considering what he permitted during his stint at The Spectator, and his more recent remarks about black people and women in burkas, is a fair charge—yet your cultist instinct makes you say he's literally none of those things. He is undoubtedly—famously!—a liar. You have totally lost all semblance of integrity.

I'm still waiting for the riots and explosions we were supposedly going to get from the passionately angry public: furious at the mutinous remainer parliament.

I'm still waiting for the riots and explosions we were supposedly going to get from the passionately angry public: furious at the mutinous remainer parliament.

We'll see in the ballot box.

Wait till they get hangry

When you know your audience

Who said that?

Edit; don't worry it's all over Twitter. Rod Liddle. Odious man.

Who said that?

Edit; don't worry it's all over Twitter. Rod Liddle. Odious man.
    You say Rod Liddle, but I say it's the Spectator. They're the ones who have cultivated him, given him a platform, and amplified his message of hate. That said, he makes a valid point: Tories do like to inconvenience students on election day.

Odious despicable prick.

Well according to JCM today will be the end of the Tory party. So yes, let's see.

Well according to JCM today will be the end of the Tory party. So yes, let's see.

We weren't the ones to block Brexit, so its the end of this zombie Parliament instead.

We weren't the ones to block Brexit, so its the end of this zombie Parliament instead.
    Yes you did and continue to do so. The ERG and PM blocked Brexit earlier in the year, and now our PM is blocking brexit by a) bringing legislation too late for scrutiny and b) pulling it away from a parliamentary second reading.

These are facts.

Yes you did and continue to do so. The ERG and PM blocked Brexit earlier in the year, and now our PM is blocking brexit by a) bringing legislation too late for scrutiny and b) pulling it away from a parliamentary second reading.

These are facts.

The only reason we are still in the EU is that Parliament voted to extend Article 50 in March, April and October. Neither the ERG nor the PM ever voted to extend on any of those 3 occasions. Remainer May voted to extend in March and April and the Remainers opposite in Parliament who scream about the dangers of no deal have rejected every deal the EU has negotiated with us - which is funny, because apparently we would unquestioningly accept all EU laws in future without having a say in that if we remain in the EU even if the laws have been passed by QMV against our wishes - but to accept these agreements the EU have reached is apparently unacceptable. If these rules the EU have agreed are not acceptable then remaining in the EU should itself be unacceptable too - if we should remain in the EU and unquestioningly accept EU rules then why not accept this agreement which the EU have agreed?

That's not the only reason week still in the EU, as I've outlined above.

And we can't accept the deal now because the PM has pulled it.

Interesting to see this Trumpian use of labels alongside names. "Remainer May" is less informative than "Habitual Liar Johnson".

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    Interesting to see this Trumpian use of labels alongside names. "Remainer May" is less informative than "Habitual Liar Johnson".
    You think Trump was the first person to label people they dislike? You've had a sheltered life if so.
    That's not the only reason week still in the EU, as I've outlined above.

And we can't accept the deal now because the PM has pulled it.
    The PM pulled it because Parliament was obfuscating and didn't pass it in a timely fashion - in the timetable set by the Benn Act as appropriate.
    Brexit Party launching their campaign today. They are clearly out to damage and attack the Tory party.

Farage says Johnson's deal isn't Brexit, they will stand in every single seat, and that Johnson's deal is so closely aligned to the EU he has no doubt there would be a campaign to remain which would win.

Very interesting.
    Irrelevant hasbeen.

I hope he does stand. If he does I think he will attract votes from former Labour voters who will habitually never vote for the Tories. I think Tory-inclined leavers will vote for the Tories.

The PM pulled it because Parliament was obfuscating and didn't pass it in a timely fashion - in the timetable set by the Benn Act as appropriate.
    Irrelevant hasbeen.

I hope he does stand. If he does I think he will attract votes from former Labour voters who will habitually never vote for the Tories. I think Tory-inclined leavers will vote for the Tories.
    It was a timetable set by the Tory leadership. If he'd brought his deal earlier, which he should have done, there would have been plenty of time. The Benn act did nothing.

And an irrelevant has-been that you voted for and legitimised. Good job.

It was a timetable set by the Tory leadership. If he'd brought his deal earlier, which he should have done, there would have been plenty of time. The Benn act did nothing.

And an irrelevant has-been that you voted for and legitimised. Good job.
    No it wasn't a timetable set by the Tory leadership, it was a timetable literally inserted into the Benn Act.

Literally section 1 of the Benn Act.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Benn Act, section 1
    http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2019/26/section/1/enacted
    (1)The condition in this subsection is that a Minister of the Crown has laid before each House of Parliament a statement that the United Kingdom has concluded an agreement with the European Union under Article 50(2) of the Treaty on European Union and a copy of the agreement and—

(a)the agreement has been approved by resolution of the House of Commons on a motion moved by a Minister of the Crown, and

(b)a motion for the House of Lords to take note of the agreement has been tabled in the House of Lords by a Minister of the Crown and—

(i)the House of Lords has debated the motion, or

(ii)the House of Lords has not concluded a debate on the motion before the end of the period of two Lords sitting days beginning with the first Lords sitting day after the day on which the House of Commons passes the resolution mentioned in paragraph (a)

(2) [Snipped ~ Irrelevant is Parliament voting for No Deal]

(3)If neither of the conditions in subsection (1) or subsection (2) is satisfied, subsection (4) must be complied with no later than 19 October 2019.
    The Benn Act gave a deadline of 19 October 2019 to agree a deal and put a Meaningful Vote before the House and get it approved, leaving the rest of October to then ratify the deal. The government complied with that deadline and put down a Meaningful Vote in the timescale proscribed, only to have Letwin conspire with Remainers to void the MV and circumvent the deadline put forth in the Benn Act.

You think Trump was the first person to label people they dislike? You've had a sheltered life if so.
    I think your style of compulsively appending simplistic labels to your enemies' names is very reminiscent of the way Trump and his kooky base speak of their enemies. But, if we're going to use labels, "Habitual Liar Johnson" is far more accurate than "Remainer May"; after all, May stopped campaigning for Remain after the referendum, and worked to negotiate an exit, whereas Johnson has continued to be a liar.

Brexit Party launching their campaign today. They are clearly out to damage and attack the Tory party.

Farage says Johnson's deal isn't Brexit, they will stand in every single seat, and that Johnson's deal is so closely aligned to the EU he has no doubt there would be a campaign to remain which would win.

Very interesting.

So, do we think BoJo is going to do a deal with Nigel?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

About as likely as him making a deal with Corbyn.