Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The Impeachment of President Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    I believe Trump was partly elected on the back of such a policy, by dingdongs with tiny limp dingdongs.
    I'm curious if you ever stop to think what kind of effect your words have.
    Greece shows us that there is a kind of politician worse than the ones that break their election promises; the ones that keep their election promises.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I'm curious if you ever stop to think what kind of effect your words have.
    Very, very carefully, which is one reason why I typically delete my replies to you when you lie, bullshit, or just say something extremely dumb because you're itching to start a fight that nobody wants to have with you irl. If my post caused offense or hurt, I can apologize and edit it if you wish. If you are merely concerned that it reflects poorly on my character, please, don't worry—that bridge was crossed long ago.
    “Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Of course, if your real issue is with the claim that Trump was elected on such a platform, I'm afraid I can only reiterate that he was, indeed, elected on a platform that involved openly calling for the US to "take out" the families of terrorists, either because they shared responsibility—indirectly—for the acts of terror committed by their violent extremist family members, or because it is supposedly the only way to deter extremists who are willing to kill themselves in suicide attacks. That is the truth, and anyone who supports such policies is, arguably, a dingdong.

“Humanity's greatest advances are not in its discoveries, but in how those discoveries are applied to reduce inequity.”
    — Bill Gates

Quote Originally Posted by Khendraja'aro View Post
    Retaliating against the brother falls under something we call "Sippenhaft".

Something the Nazis practiced a lot.
    Now now, they're identical twins, after all. Presumably Trump just can't tell them apart and no one wanted to risk him going on a tirade about the whistleblower still being around.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    The House indicts and the Senate holds a trial, with the House making its case. The House determined that the witnesses they had were sufficient. They could have litigated whether certain White House officials were compelled to testify about whether the president's "state of mind" was "corrupt" but this would have been unprecedented in a number of ways, so they chose not to litigate this because they felt their case was sufficient.

The fact that they now say their case wasn't strong enough to impeach without more witnesses either means they never thought it was a strong case, or they shouldn't have impeached.
    The House had sufficient evidence from their witnesses to indict and impeach. It then passed to the Senate, and they should have called witnesses as part of the *trial*. But it's hard to compel witnesses to testify when the executive branch directs them to defy/ignore subpoenas.

Checks and balances are out the window, the impeachment process has failed, and Trump's abuse of power and contempt of congress continues. Republicans like to say the next election is the best way to hold Trump accountable...but then they jump on the Trump Re-Election Train. WTF

Totally normal, the behavior of an innocent man:
    . https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio....co/JNH9ZTCRSa
    — Bill Gates

News flash: the Impeachment process failed. The only "lesson" Trump learned (thanks to senate Republicans who failed to do their constitutional duty) was that a president can do anything he wants. He's beyond reproach and above the law. He's not just Commander in Chief but the Chief of Law Enforcement.

He IS the nation, and anything he deems "good" for the country should be good enough. Dissenters are disloyal, unpatriotic traitors, sleezy slime balls....hiding in institutions like the FBI, Dept. of Justice, CIA, the State Dept....they're all part of the Deep State conspiracy. Also, Fake News!

Yee haw, making America Great Again!

https://thehill.com/policy/national-...ral-says-he-no

On a friday night, at 10pm, during a pandemic. The actions of an innocent man everyone.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 04-04-2020 at 01:40 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."