Thread: White Lives Matter

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    I don't think it was, it wasn't me that claimed it was. Ominous Gamer who was boasting about how successful reddit etc were at removing it - which is nice for Reddit but for the idea of making sure "it dies out like the quarantined disease that it is" is just a nonsense because its just internet whackamole, it didn't remove it from the internet it just displaces it to other sites. Nothing is dying out.
    um, I didn't make any claims about anything being driven underground in relation to the election. That was completely you Maybe you've confused on the timeline of events, or content that was monitored? You do remember that Trump got a disproportionate amount of media coverage right? And while some people think thats because of negative coverage, you have to remember that his followers don't hold any moral or politcal beliefs beyond "making liberals cry", just look at Lewk.

and you're commenting on a realworld example about how poorly groups transition from site to site. How many people did we lose coming from Atari? Sure, some of those people might have transitioned to other sites, but the more people spread out the less welcoming their views are and less expressed they become (this was actually covered in the research). The farther down the rabbit hole you go to find a welcoming platform the less and less people you reach.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 11-02-2017 at 12:34 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."