My local grocery store is under construction.....making changes for their new order-on-line/home delivery services. I watched them putting in rows of refrigerated glass holding cases from the self check-out line, which seemed rather ironic. And I bumped into a new computerized sweeper beeping down the aisles. It was tall and thin, and I said "excuse me" before realizing what it was. haha Then I noticed a shopper pushing a cart with "Cashier Test" on the handlebar. I asked an employee about it all, but she had no clue.

Even weirder was that when I got home, one of their grocery trucks was circling my apartment complex, looking for the right address for their delivery. I spoke with the driver's assistant and helped them figure out where to go (why weren't they using GPS?). They only charge $6.99 for delivery, first 90 days free, and will bring groceries up 3 flights of stairs and into your house/apartment. I wonder if they're paid minimum wage and rely on tips?

The future is here. Are drive-up and drive-thrus slowly becoming obsolete....when everything can be delivered to your door?