Thread: TRUMP 2016

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/09/sen-...testimony.html

preselected highlights:

• 7 references to "mafia" links
    • 20 references to Putin links
    • Trump repeatedly said he and his buildings were worth less than people and agencies imagined

• the intelligence community seems to think Trump's being blackmailed
    • the specific reason for the blackmail has to do with "Russians having cameras in all the luxury hotel rooms" PEE TAPE
    • Steele believed a "human source from inside the Trump organization" had already gone to FBI: "a voluntary source, someone who was concerned with the same concerns we had" (pp.175-6) - that being, that the now president was/is being blackmailed by the Kremlin. The FBI viewed Steele's info as credible because they already had the same info from a Trump insider

• on page 154, on Trump "However, he and his inner circle have accepted a regular flow of intelligence from the Kremlin"
    • on page 242, Fusion believed because of their research Carter Page was compromised, and he was being offered business deals for his cooperation
    • on page 279, Simpson said someone was already killed because of the information contained in the dossier (because they were revealed to be a source)

• on page 73, "So in the course of reading that litigation we would follow up on things that were interesting, such as a libel case against a journalist that he settled, which, in other words, he didn't prevail in his attempts to prove that he was a billionaire."
    • on pages 71-72, "One of the things we found out was that, you know, when it comes to paying taxes, Donald Trump claims to not have much stuff. At least the Trump organization. So they would make filings with various state and local authorities saying that their buildings weren't worth much."
    • on page 179, "Sometime thereafter the FBI -- I understand Chris severed his relationship with the FBI out of concern that he didn't know what was happening inside the FBI and there was a concern that the FBI was being manipulated for political ends by the Trump people and that we didn't really understand what was going on. So he stopped dealing with them. "
    • on page 296, "We learned that Felix Sater had some connections with these people, and it's been more recently in the media that he's helping the government of Kazakhstan to recover this money. There's been media reports that the money went into the Trump Soho or it went into the company that built the Trump Soho. I can't remember the name"

EDIT for more fun bits:
    • page 77, "We were interested in the fact that the Trump family was selling merchandise under the Trump brand in the United States that was made in sweat shops in Asia and South America -- or Latin America."
    • page 79, "Trump had made a number of trips to Russia and talked about doing a number of business deals but never did one, and that struck me as a little bit odd and calling for an explanation."
    • pages 287-288, Simpson calls Sarah Huckabee Sanders a liar for the fourth time (seriously, who hasn't at this point?) about Fusion GPS being a solely democratic tool, confirms they also investigated Obama during his campaign for senator.
    • pages 151-152, "So I also knew -- or I formed an opinion or impression that the Russians were interested in making friends with the Republicans and that Paul Manafort, you know, there was this previous episode involving Paul Manafort, John McCain. So all of that was in my head when this came in which, as I say, tended to support the credibility -- the possibility that this information was credible." - Russians were feeling out the Republican Party, and John McCain in particular, as far back as 2008.
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 01-09-2018 at 07:55 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."