Page 4 of 185 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Make one, you can then answer my question about 3 series coupe and allow us to further expand on the subject. I'm all for one!

Also having lurkers in mind who might not find the talk about cars in this thread but might decide they would want to join a specific thread.

Then again, you might very well be right and the thread would dry out in a day. Still, no harm done, right? Always could revive it when there's a new model or concept car that catches your eye
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

Okidokes, will do chaps.

Will create one in a few hours when I get home cos there's a quite a bit I'll put in there.

I'll make a general cars plus motorsport sort of thread to cover F1, Nascar, Indycar, Rally, bikes etc plus ordinary production cars sorta thing.

EDIT: Thread drift innit; groove no longer messed with!
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

3 hours of training on a half broken, half incomplete system...all so the library system can be the county's one stop customer service center

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    3 hours of training on a half broken, half incomplete system...all so the library system can be the county's one stop customer service center
    Do you do customer service for my bank, too? Since I think you actually understand English that would be very helpful.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

µTorrent asking if I wanted to install the Ask toolbar during the 2.0 upgrade. I thought you were different µTorrent, I thought you were different...
    . . .

Let sleeping tigers lie Khendraja'aro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    µTorrent asking if I wanted to install the Ask toolbar during the 2.0 upgrade. I thought you were different µTorrent, I thought you were different...
    Heh, I recently installed Trillian and the free version asks the same thing as well. Moronically, I clicked on "Continue" before removing the checkbox.

Turns out, the Ask toolbar cannot be installed on Windows 7 x64 due to incompatibilies.

Phew.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    Shave it all off. That's what I plan to do if I start balding by middle age. The remaining hair just become a liability, imo.
    I've got the hair from my great-grandfather. Who had hair until he was ninety (further hair loss data collection was prevented by end of life, sadly). Though my temple hair is now 30% white.
    When the stars threw down their spears
    And watered heaven with their tears:
    Did he smile his work to see?
    Did he who made the lamb make thee?

Sleeping for 13 hours is great, just not when it's a function of sickness.

Fucking hair loss.

Hate it!

I've receded to the point that my forehead is now a fivehead.

Fucking getting to the point of Billy Zane:

Before:

After:

And I never had his goddamn looks to begin with. Or a gorgeous brunette hanging off my arm!

GAH.

:rant:

EDIT and WHERE has the farkin rant smiley gone ?!?!?oneeleventyone1!
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Fucking hair loss.

Hate it!

I've receded to the point that my forehead is now a fivehead.

EDIT and WHERE has the farkin rant smiley gone ?!?!?oneeleventyone1!
    Shave it all off. That's what I plan to do if I start balding by middle age. The remaining hair just become a liability, imo.
    Your search had no results.

I was happy about my daughter going to college until I remembered who had to pay for it. The joy never lasts, the misery never fades.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

I did something to my right shoulder. I have not a clue what, but I wish I hadn't done it, whatever it was! Hurts like a big fucking dog, and even my strong pain meds aren't touching it!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

I got a letter from a friend at another university today. Unfortunately, it was just the envelope. The letter itself must have fallen out.

I am so sad.

TicketMaster needs to learn basic math.

4 tickets at $15 each should cost ~$60.
    4 tickets advertised at $15 each should not cost $96.70.
    Buying tickets within 30 seconds of them going on sale should not put me on the 2nd level, tickets for the lower level should not end up on ticketmasters own ticket reseller website at that same time for a 200% mark up.

Fucking ticketmaster, I can't wait till their business practices get put under some sort of proconsumer guidelines.

I'm the only one posting tonight.
    Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Obviously not, unless you consider me a nobody!

But that would be fine, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dattu View Post
    Obviously not, unless you consider me a nobody!

But that would be fine, too.
    You're not Nobody.

Faith is Hope (see Loki's sig for details)
    If hindsight is 20-20, why is it so often ignored?

Got woken up by Jehova's Witnesses at the door - again.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Good, you should have been in church anyway on this day of the Lord.
    Congratulations America

Huge chunks of ice and snow are falling off my roof eaves. The melting is good but I worry about the re-freeze and ice damming. There's still a huge uprooted fir in the backyard, I don't need gutter failure too.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Huge chunks of ice and snow are falling off my roof eaves. The melting is good but I worry about the re-freeze and ice damming. There's still a huge uprooted fir in the backyard, I don't need gutter failure too.
    Aye, the Atlantic snow storm you guys are enjoying made the news on this side of the pond.

Beeeyootiful.

Weird. I've never in my life had witnesses come to my door.

There should be law legalizing the shooting of anyone who wakes you for such a thing.
    The worst job in the world is better than being broke and homeless

JWs used to come by my house 1/ month.... either them or some other Church going group trying to get me to come to their Church or buy their pamphlets, despite the No Tresspassing signs and Beware of Dog signs I had on my 660 feet long driveway (they couldn't miss them).

Getting woken up on a Saturday is not something I like to have happen. My dogs would go crazy barking with someone at the door. I had two very big dogs. A 100 pound Great Dane and a 125 pound Golden Retriever (he sasn't fat, he was just big). On this one fateful day, some Jehovah's Witnesses came to my door, 9am on a Saturday morning. Doorbell rings and my dogs go crazy, ....so I opened up the garage door, and let my dogs go 'investigate' what was at my front door. Imagine two big dogs come barreling up to you as you're knocking on someone's door. After 20 seconds I walked outside, two which I see two adults, one female and one male. Looking like they had fear in their eyes, and the dude has pissed himself. I simply asked them one question, in my best redneck voice "you two fucks know how to read? I've got signs saying beware of the dogs." Grabbed my dogs and walked in.

I'm assuming they were Jehovah's witnesses, because they have never came back to my house.

I remember when the ex-wife and I were looking for a church home and we visited this one church and made the mistake of filling out the visitor card. We got home so she could grab her purse, we weren't home for more then 2 minutes after visiting this church and turned around to go out to eat, and this family blocks us in, in our own driveway with their car.... so they could tell us 'more' about their church. I told the people we were leaving to go eat, and they wouldn't quit talking... finally I told the dude with them that they were either going to move and let us out, or I was going to move him myself... either way we were going to leave. They got the hint and we finally we able to go eat.

And then there was this one Church we went to in Conyers. In the pamphlet they pass out, they had at the bottom, "Please do not get up in the middle of the sermon to use the bathroom out of respect for God and Pastor." I kid you not. This Church went on FOREVER.... I can do an hour of Church, but this one just kept going and going.... 90 minutes into it, I grabbed my wife at the time, and asked if she was ready to sneak out.... she says yes, but when we try to open the door to leave, it's locked. I literally had to use my shoulder and slam the door open to leave. I'm sure the entire congregation watched us as we were leaving... but who cares... don't lock me in fuckers!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimless View Post
    It's not okay to shoot an innocent bank clerk but shooting a felon to death is commendable and do you should receive a reward rather than a punishment

Quote Originally Posted by oldmunchkin View Post
    I did something to my right shoulder. I have not a clue what, but I wish I hadn't done it, whatever it was! Hurts like a big fucking dog, and even my strong pain meds aren't touching it!
    Well fuck! It's been over a week and I am still having trouble with it. Heat wraps aren't helping much either! It's also moved down my side, affecting the ribs that I broke last fall. To say nothing of the fact I can't hardly move my head to the right!

Get a BIIIIIIG gun and meet them at the door with it! With a nasty-assed snarl on your face. (No one but you has to know if the gun is loaded or not!)

I feel for you, GGT!

I seem to have also come down with a damned sinus infection. I feel like my face is gonna fall off! Of course, since I am taking all those other damned meds, I can't take a fucking thing to help clear it up!

To top it all off, my new phone got here today, which means I have to go thru all the shit to get it set up. Then, since I switched brands completely, I have to learn to use the fucking thing before I can even call anyone! Oh well, it's still charging, so I might put off setting it up until tomorrow in the hopes my brain won't be quite so fuzzy with pain and I can do it right the first time!
    I don't have a problem with authority....I just don't like being told what to do!Remember, the toes you step on today may be attached to the ass you have to kiss tomorrow!RIP Fluffy! 01-07-09 I'm so sorry Fluffster! People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life! My mind not only wanders, sometimes it leaves completely!The nice part about living in a small town: When you don't know what you're doing, someone else always does!
    Atari bullshit refugee!!

My bro has a homework - prepare for a group assignment/debate thing. Topic - various theories about origins of life. His group is supposed to defend creationism.
    Apart from that being a retarded task to begin with, how does one defend it even? Are there any other (less pathetic) ways than that old tornado building a Boeing analogy, and banana fitting the palm perfectly thing?

Quote Originally Posted by BalticSailor View Post
    My bro has a homework - prepare for a group assignment/debate thing. Topic - various theories about origins of life. His group is supposed to defend creationism.
    Apart from that being a retarded task to begin with, how does one defend it even? Are there any other (less pathetic) ways than that old tornado building a Boeing analogy, and banana fitting the palm perfectly thing?
    If it is for a debate class walk in with a prepared statement that he is unable to defend Creationism as its only arguments are based entirely on fallacies and assumptions, and that he is prepared to defend that statement.

I do not guarantee a decent grade being given though...

Also...whats messing with my groove? New wireless networks in the area. I'm now up to 15 competing networks and because 90% of these morons can't or won't do anything other than change the password and name of the router, I now have intermittent wireless, and therefore internet access due to being crowded out...

Makes me want to use my tomato router as the main source of wifi for my house, install some hi-gain antennas and set the thing to broadcast on one of the channels they can't even pick with their standard firmware...
    . . .

What type of class is it? I remember one of my first year college classes covering the watchmaker analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    What type of class is it? I remember one of my first year college classes covering the watchmaker analogy.
    Biology. 10th grade.

Biology. 10th grade.
    Hopefully, the teacher is betting that the scientific theories other students argue for will kick the crap out of whatever the creationist team has to offer. Strange, though.