Page 3 of 185 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: What's messing with your Groove?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessus View Post
    an aggressive sociopath
    Homeless Black Girl: *looks around the train* "I'M GONNA KILL ALL YOU CRACKA'S!"
    Old Jewish Man Reading a Newspaper: *looks up at the crazy lady*
    Homeless Black Girl: "What cho lookin' at bitch!? I'mma kill you first."
    Old Jewish Man Reading a Newspaper: *goes back to reading his paper*
    Homeless Black Girl: "Fuck all you white people! Why you got to bother me?"

. . .

Fair enough!

I actively avoided loaded verbs like flinching away and such, because I doubt she even noticed the whole thing. It only had meaning for me. As many other things in our days have meaning to the other people we encounter without us ever realizing them. That was the second thing that sprang to my mind as I was walking home from the station. I just felt like it was something that I wanted to write down.
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

Fair enough!

I actively avoided loaded verbs like flinching away and such, because I doubt she even noticed the whole thing. It only had meaning for me. As many other things in our days have meaning to the other people we encounter without us ever realizing them. That was the second thing that sprang to my mind as I was walking home from the station. I just felt like it was something that I wanted to write down.
    Writing stuff down is good.

You should do more.

Amateur writer's and short-stories sub-forum?

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuk2 View Post
    Writing stuff down is good.

You should do more.

Amateur writer's and short-stories sub-forum?
    The CC Dream Theatre had a brief but eventful run
    In the future, the Berlin wall will be a mile high, and made of steel. You too will be made to crawl, to lick children's blood from jackboots. There will be no creativity, only productivity. Instead of love there will be fear and distrust, instead of surrender there will be submission. Contact will be replaced with isolation, and joy with shame. Hope will cease to exist as a concept. The Earth will be covered with steel and concrete. There will be an electronic policeman in every head. Your children will be born in chains, live only to serve, and die in anguish and ignorance.
    The universe we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but blind, pitiless indifference.

The CC Dream Theatre had a brief but eventful run

I miss romantic hand-holding and cuddling and kissing, too.

It was very well written the short encounter you posted.
    . . .

Why would anyone want to look like the Michelin man

I didn't think anyone but tiny children (never mine) wore those hideous things.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    I didn't think anyone but tiny children (never mine) wore those hideous things.
    Come to NYC, you'll see quite a few "thuggish" individuals wearing them...
    . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Illusions View Post
    Come to NYC, you'll see quite a few "thuggish" individuals wearing them...
    Interesting. The "thuggish" types here tend to wear jackets proclaiming their love of some sports team or player. Not that I spend much time in places where I can observe them.

The kinda stuff a lot of the dudes from eight mile would wear.

Indicators! Blinkers. They are on your car for a reason Goddamnit. They are there so I know what the fuck you are about to do with your ton of overpriced Deutsch metal penis.
    I could have had class. I could have been a contender.
    I could have been somebody. Instead of a bum
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars
    But sometimes I hit London

I'm completely and utterly exhausted, physically and mentally drained to the point of . . .
    Such is Life...

Tsk. BMW drivers. Indicators are an optional extra.

Tsk. BMW drivers. Indicators are an optional extra.
    All the same, the bastards. Silly rep mobiles!

Termite? Termite!?

Oh my god!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I know. I'm on my 3rd BMW.

This morning someone had the cheek to be in the BMW lane on the motorway! In a Ford! A quick flash of the lights and the peasant moved over.

You drive a BMW?

Say it aint so!

Do you have a picture of it so I can be properly disgusted by it?

edit: By the way, favourite past time with regard to bmw's: drive in the fast lane in front of BMW next to person on slow lane obeying the speedlimit. Flashing lights is 10 points, horn honking 15, indicating left or moving car to the left (right in limeyplace) 5.

Always move out of the way just before the point where you know is a speedcamera. If you get him to run it, 50 points!
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    You drive a BMW?

Say it aint so!

Do you have a picture of it so I can be properly disgusted by it?
    My last car, 330Ci M Sport convertible (E46)

Current car 525i SE (E60) (only have this crappy pic available at work)

Last edited by Timbuk2; 02-04-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Peeeejuke!

Would make a fine addiction to the rearviewmirror roadrage game.

Well, at least it's not an Audi
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Aye.

Am an active member of a UK BMW forum. We're well used to being the brunt of all the jokes ...

They are fine driving cars though. It is my one frivolous expense. I cover a lot of commuting miles in a year, and I love driving, so am bloody well going to enjoy my time behind the wheel.

But yeh the jokes and abuse seem to be shifting over to Audi drivers now. I've had an Audi in the past too.

Stereotyping gets no one anywhere though innit. You get cocks in all types of cars.

You get cocks in all types of cars.
    But cocks in nice cars taste better than cocks in POS cars.

I've had an Audi in the past too.
    You're not even trying to be on my good side

Hurtz!
    Stereotyping gets no one anywhere though innit.
    Some one got close to getting all of Europe with it.
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
    Some one got close to getting all of Europe with it.
    Fekkin' Jews! They're all the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

And that's Why I'm Voting Leave.

I've been torn between the BMW 3 Series (Coupe) and the Mercedes C Class (Coupe), unfortunately for the BMW i was put off when i read a forum regarding issues with - i believe it's this but don't quote me - the manifold etc etc. When i saw how much some of them were paying even though it's a design error i thought it wasn't worth it in the end. Plus i drove a C Class and fell in love almost straight away. It is, however, such a shame that i haven't got a pay rise so i can't get the CLC Class instead, that front end looks beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lor View Post
    I've been torn between the BMW 3 Series (Coupe) and the Mercedes C Class (Coupe), unfortunately for the BMW i was put off when i read a forum regarding issues with - i believe it's this but don't quote me - the manifold etc etc. When i saw how much some of them were paying even though it's a design error i thought it wasn't worth it in the end. Plus i drove a C Class and fell in love almost straight away. It is, however, such a shame that i haven't got a pay rise so i can't get the CLC Class instead, that front end looks beautiful.
    The problems you refer to affect older E46 diesel units, pre 2003. Blown turbos on those are a regular feature on the forums.

BMW's older petrol units however will run trouble-free for the life of the car, particularly the six-pots which have an award-winning reputation for reliability.

The new E92 coupés are fabulous, next on my shopping list later this year/early next when my 5er is swapped in. I've test-driven 2 so far.

~

The new C Class mercs are very pretty cars though - I agree. Lovely front-end.

Mercedes seem to have cleared up much of the dreadful reliablity and servicing issues and wishy-washy handling of their cars that affected them in the late nineties and 00s, which had brought their customer satisfaction ratings right down alongside the likes of Peugeot and Citroen.

The cost-cutting that Mercedes implemented throughout its divisions after its disastrous ventures with Chrysler did it untold damage that they are only just recovering from, repuational-wise and design-quality-wise.

So long as you can put up with the dreadful foot-operated parking brake that Mercedes still insist on, they are much better cars to drive and much more reliable to boot.

~

So yep the dilemma you're talking about is being dallied over by many who want a coupé, the new C Class or the new 3 series (E92).
    Last edited by Timbuk2; 02-04-2010 at 01:21 PM.
    It's actually the original French billion, which is bi-million, which is a million to the power of 2. We adopted the word, and then they changed it, presumably as revenge for Crecy and Agincourt, and then the treasonous Americans adopted the new French usage and spread it all over the world. And now we have to use it.

The problems you refer to affect older E46 diesel units, pre 2003. Blown turbos on those are a regular feature on the forums.

BMW's older petrol units however will run trouble-free for the life of the car, particularly the six-pots which have an award-winning reputation for reliability.

The new E92 coupés are fabulous, next on my shopping list later this year/early next when my 5er is swapped in. I've test-driven 2 so far.
    If i were to shop for a 3 Series coupe which would have the better reliability, what years should i look at? Remember i want a diesel (want to keep MPG up and Road Tax down!)??

The new C Class mercs are very pretty cars though - I agree. Lovely front-end.

How you can't love that i have no idea! The price tag for used (i wouldn't ever get new) is around £17/18k mark. Such a shame!

So long as you can put up with the dreadful foot-operated parking brake that Mercedes still insist on, they are much better cars to drive and much more reliable to boot.
    I actually don't mind the foot operated parking brake, it baffled me to begin with but i'm quite prepared to over look it .

So yep the dilemma you're talking about is being dallied over by many who want a coupé, the new C Class or the new 3 series (E92).
    I was looking at the Alfa GT but stopped as, well, you know why! Hyundai Coupes are beautiful looking cars but are a let down on 1) Tax and 2) Performance. I was going to dabble in a 5 doors but i just can't. Love coupes to much.

You guys sound like a car thread is in order
    Which is what I am

I aim at the stars

I'd like one but don't think it'd get much traffic.

Off the top of my head, Lor, OG and myself are the only ones with enough interest in cars to waffle on about them.

~

Quite a bit more interest in F1 when the season starts up again, where the likes of you and Spawnster and a few others chime in with posts.