Tax Freedom Day takes into account all taxation, and they estimate it at around 30% of your income. Source. Obviously this changes if your income or consumption is significantly off the average. I believe the estimate for the marginal tax rate is 40%. Sorry, but you're wrong.
Hmmm possible. I still think its understated when we look at the various ways we suffer under double taxation.

Granted most people don't make 6 figures so if your looking at a broad base you may be right I do think the amount we pay in taxes is underestimated because people never factor in that every single tax that a business pays is not paid by anything that is called "business" but by investors, owners & particularly consumers.

Of course not, but the highest marginal rate had the biggest percentage drop (4.6%) with the exception of the 15% bracket. As such, it's a good way of evaluating whether the changes were likely to cause significant compliance issues. I think there's no question that tax rates have to be raised on middle class families as well as higher income earners to pay for the deficit, regardless of what Obama says.
Or we can cut spending. Eliminate sweet heart government employee benefits, reform entitlement spending, freeze pork BS and do not under any circumstances create more entitlements like the Health Care bill.

Both seem politically difficult to do. But eventually you can not kick the can.

True, but the severity of a recessions can be significantly changes as a result of government intervention.
Well we'll have to agree to disagree. Government spending creates new inefficiencies and exacerbate problems. See for example congress passing tariffs after the market melt down during the Great Depression. Putting people to work on "make work" projects is not healthy.