Thread: teevee sucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 2HD View Post
    It's not bad. I mean, it's a show about stranded people, in stranded situations, doing what stranded people do. It's kind of like Lost except they get to leave the island for a couple of hours everyday and all the crazy shit that happens doesn't seem near as crazy. Then throw in a pinch of SG stuff for flavor.
    I gave up after the episode where the list of scarce commodities had moved down to 'energy'. I found it all too predictable and unoriginal. A bit like Star Trek Voyager cum Stargate Atlantis, which also became boring fast.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    I gave up after the episode where the list of scarce commodities had moved down to 'energy'. I found it all too predictable and unoriginal. A bit like Star Trek Voyager cum Stargate Atlantis, which also became boring fast.
    I can see the Voyager connection now that you mention it, but Voyager made me want to vomit constantly. Everything about Voyager was bad. And before someone brings her up, no 7 of 9 wasn't that attractive.

I enjoyed Stargate Atlantis, though.

I guess I don't really pay attention to the main plot points (we are stranded OMFG) because they aren't really the main plot points. It's all about who is going to screw who, and how or who is going to become friends and then how will they screw each other. The planets they visit are usually interesting as well.