Thread: 2020 Democratic Primaries

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnaught View Post
    They would rather ban the electoral college and introduce an urban dictatorship.

But they can't. Constitution says no.

I see Elizabeth Warren has pledged to be the last President to be elected by the Electoral College - Umm yes how are you going to get a Constitutional Amendment through for that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    But they can't. Constitution says no.

I see Elizabeth Warren has pledged to be the last President to be elected by the Electoral College - Umm yes how are you going to get a Constitutional Amendment through for that?
    I think the point of an election campaign is to say what you want to change? Or do politicians no longer run with a platform? So I'd say by making a new amendment and trying to get it through Congress, and getting it ratified.

Or maybe she's planning to stop following the constitution, but I thought that was the GOP's platform already.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    I think the point of an election campaign is to say what you want to change? Or do politicians no longer run with a platform? So I'd say by making a new amendment and trying to get it through Congress, and getting it ratified.

Or maybe she's planning to stop following the constitution, but I thought that was the GOP's platform already.
    Generally it makes sense to propose changes that you can actually implement.

A constitutional amendment requires 34 states to agree to it, which will never happen. The NPVIC is another method as Aimless said, but that is also not in the President's control either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.