Thread: covid-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    It was literally government, and our employer's, advice. Are employers over there really that psychotic?
    Absolutely, everything is staffed at absolute minimums as corporations chase that dollar. Self-care is very much frowned on if it means some manager's day is made slightly more difficult.

My location had to call in help from another location just so I could take 3 days of required vacation time last week.

The white house had to go on record to clarify that yes, it's ok for schools to close due to fears of the virus spreading, because caring for your kids is also frowned on in the corporate world
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 03-02-2020 at 01:36 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Absolutely, everything is staffed at absolute minimums as corporations chase thÃ*t dollar. Self-care is very much frowned on if it means some manager's day is made slightly more difficult.

My location had to call in help from another location just so I could take 3 days of required vacation time last week.

The white house had to go on record to clarify that yes, it's ok for schools to close due to fears of the virus spreading, because caring for your kids is also frowned on in the corporate world
    Yeah, but it's not just self-care (she's working from home and didn't even want to do it, being stuck inside for two weeks is maddening), what do they think will happen if the coronavirus gets loose in their work force?
    When the sky above us fell
    We descended into hell
    Into kingdom come

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    Self isolating over here after a vacation or overseas work trip (or worse because you interacted with someone who just did that) is a good way to get fired.

Right-to-work bitches!
    It's mandatory in my company. You're not allowed to come to work if you've been to a risk area, unless you have explicit permission and a medical check. We're also working on a project setting up a new production site in China which is problematic since nobody from China is allowed to visit any facility now.

My coworker hasn't been to a risk area but has been in close contact with two people who tested positive.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    what do they think will happen if the coronavirus gets loose in their work force?
    Here? Closures of "under" performing locations, relocations and firings to make room for new employees that can be paid the lower base wage.

I'm calling it right now, if this thing rampages across America there are going to be multiple at risk companies that follow that game plan, but keeping on this board's theme, Gamestop specifically.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."