Thread: teevee sucks

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    The Good Wife really feels like it has gone all to hell this season - I think it may be close to time for me to quit it.

Also, is anyone else doing the end of Mad Men?
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    The Good Wife really feels like it has gone all to hell this season - I think it may be close to time for me to quit it.

Also, is anyone else doing the end of Mad Men?
    The end of Mad Man is torture really. I don't know what they were thinking while making this. It's like they want a big sigh of relief from all the viewers the time the titles roll for the last time.

Isn't Sansa Lady Lannister, wife of the very much alive Tyrion Lannister?
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    The end of Mad Man is torture really. I don't know what they were thinking while making this. It's like they want a big sigh of relief from all the viewers the time the titles roll for the last time.

Isn't Sansa Lady Lannister, wife of the very much alive Tyrion Lannister?
    That's a good point. I'm guessing she could argue that the marriage wasn't consummated, but I'm surprised no one raised that point.
    Hope is the denial of reality

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    That's a good point. I'm guessing she could argue that the marriage wasn't consummated, but I'm surprised no one raised that point.
    Tv only:
    It was raised, they said the marriage didn't count because it wasn't consummated, and LittleFinger offered to let her virginity be inspected as proof.

Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Tv only:
    It was raised, they said the marriage didn't count because it wasn't consummated, and LittleFinger offered to let her virginity be inspected as proof.
    Just pointing out some things:

1. Bolton is keeper of The North because of and nothing but his loyalty to the Lannisters; are the Lannisters going to give up their hold over him by simply letting him get away with a scheme that they can stop in its track untill Bolton has paid a handsome price for it? Not to mention that the Lannisters would have to overlook an act of high treason that lead to the death of King Joffrey?
    2. Bolton is the keeper of The North because of his betrayal of the King in The North; he wouldn't gain much by replacing a notorious claim to The North with a shared claim to The North (that as we know 'remembers')
    3. Bolton'a best chance to hold on to The North is by turning on King Tommen and pledge allegiance to King Stannis (if Stannis would be stupid enough to trust a man who betrayed his liege twice already rather than put his head on a stake.
    4. King Stannis would see it as an affront if Bolton solidifies his hold on The North by anything other than bending the knee to Stannis first

In short; I think Littlefinger is either overplaying his hand or playing yet another long game we can't oversee.
    Congratulations America

Quote Originally Posted by Hazir View Post
    Just pointing out some things:

...Littlefinger is either overplaying his hand or playing yet another long game we can't oversee.
    I'm getting annoyed with this season. Every episode feels like a series of preludes to something big happening but nothing big ever happens. Get on with the dragons already! Jeez.
    The Rules
    Copper- behave toward others to elicit treatment you would like (the manipulative rule)
    Gold- treat others how you would like them to treat you (the self regard rule)
    Platinum - treat others the way they would like to be treated (the PC rule)