Thread: The Clown Circus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    You keep going on about India, not sure why as I've never mentioned them. Ultimately the purpose of words and communication are to express ideas. When countries around the "core" of the Middle East are culturally very similar that makes sense to broaden the term. The purpose of news organizations is to provide facts and transparency as much as possible. Do you think "Middle Eastern" or "Asian" gives a better description of a Muslim immigrant from Pakistan? Be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    You keep going on about India, not sure why as I've never mentioned them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewkowski View Post
    Btw why does the UK media like to call Middle Eastern folk "Asian." Is this a term that has *always* been used in the UK that way to describe folks from Israel, Pakistan, India, UAE, etc or is this PC nonsense?
    So I ask you again—are you some kind of moron?

Ultimately the purpose of words and communication are to express ideas. When countries around the "core" of the Middle East are culturally very similar that makes sense to broaden the term.
    Pakistan and India—and, indeed, Afghanistan—are not culturally very similar to countries in the Middle East—except from the perspective of racist morons of the kind that wanted to bomb Agrabah.

The purpose of news organizations is to provide facts and transparency as much as possible. Do you think "Middle Eastern" or "Asian" gives a better description of a Muslim immigrant from Pakistan? Be honest.
    Jfc you ignorant jackass, the most transparent, factually accurate, informative and useful descriptor for a man from Pakistan is "a man from Pakistan". Calling a Pakistani man "middle eastern" is factually wrong and objectively misleading. It doesn't add information—it obscures information. Why are you this stupid? If you must be pompous then at least try to say something that sounds smart instead of saying things that make you sound like a moron.
    "One day, we shall die. All the other days, we shall live."