Thread: Stellaris (Paradox Grand Strategy in Space)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steely Glint View Post
    But you don't gain anything by doing it. You don't get the game any sooner, you just get a few gifs. It's just a silly scam the industry came up with in the days of yore by making people think stores might run out of copies (this almost never happened) and is even more ridiculous in the digital era. They can just go and learn to manage their cashflow properly like any other business.
    Actually pre-ordering can make even more sense in the digital era than it did in the CD era. With Steam if you pre-order you can sometimes download early or it starts the download automatically ASAP so that when you want to play it on release day you can simply click play rather than think "oh I want this, lets buy it" and then wait hours for it to download and install.

If you had to leave your house to buy the disc and come back and install it then you had to do that whether you pre-ordered or not.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    Actually pre-ordering can make even more sense in the digital era than it did in the CD era. With Steam if you pre-order you can sometimes download early or it starts the download automatically ASAP so that when you want to play it on release day you can simply click play rather than think "oh I want this, lets buy it" and then wait hours for it to download and install.
    The issue isn't the lack patience on the consumers end, its the lack of honest advertising on the publishers end. I'll gladly wait the hour it would take to download a 25gb game if that means getting a better feel for launch issues or E3 syndrome.

With that being said, 20% off http://www.wingamestore.com/product/5560/Stellaris/
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."