Thread: Today's Republican Party is....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
    Do you think the Democratic party doesn't do this? Have you ever seen compared a Texas Democrat to a California Democrat?
    Sure, but this is thread is about the Republican Party.

Both parties have conservative, moderate, or liberal members in their ranks, but today's (R) party is the one with the identity Crisis. Even after their "post-mortum autopsy" of '12 there's still no consensus among House Republicans, Boehner sucks as majority leader, and Senate Republicans (even McCain!) are calling foul against their 'fellow' party members acting like dolts.

Quote Originally Posted by GGT View Post
    Sure, but this is thread is about the Republican Party.

Both parties have conservative, moderate, or liberal members in their ranks, but today's (R) party is the one with the identity Crisis. Even after their "post-mortum autopsy" of '12 there's still no consensus among House Republicans, Boehner sucks as majority leader, and Senate Republicans (even McCain!) are calling foul against their 'fellow' party members acting like dolts.
    Well yeah. They're the party that was in power but lost it and hasn't been able to regain it. We saw the exact same thing from the Democrats from 2002 through 2006-7. It'll continue until the GOP starts winning again at which point whatever philosophy most of the winners or the biggest winners will be declared the New Way whether or not it is particularly different from the last time and the Dems will start their turn through the cycle again. It's how US politics have gone since the 70s, it's our Communication Age model.
    Last night as I lay in bed, looking up at the stars, I thought, “Where the hell is my ceiling?"

Quote Originally Posted by LittleFuzzy View Post
    Well yeah. They're the party that was in power but lost it and hasn't been able to regain it. We saw the exact same thing from the Democrats from 2002 through 2006-7. It'll continue until the GOP starts winning again at which point

whatever philosophy most of the winners or the biggest winners will be declared the New Way

whether or not it is particularly different from the last time and the Dems will start their turn through the cycle again. It's how US politics have gone since the 70s, it's our Communication Age model.
    You're not curious about *whatever philosophy* wins out, or what the (R) New Way might mean?

I'm also not convinced this is "the exact same thing" we saw from Democrats during the same time frame. They didn't cede to their extremist fringe, as a party, like Republicans did.