Thread: What's cookin' ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    You don't do that with the very young, they are well aware of how to fill up on drink. They burn through intake so fast its incredibly hard to keep everything at the right levels and balanced properly. Scarlett is already in the lower percentile for weight, and her iron is lower than it should be, while at the same time sodium is both the enemy and in everything.
    That's why you avoid packaged foods.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.

Quote Originally Posted by littlelolligagged View Post
    That's why you avoid packaged foods.
    I do what I can when circumstances allow. Got lucky this season because she has an insatiable hunger when it comes to peaches. Walmart had been selling Georgia peaches for 88 cents a pound. We went through so many damn peaches . They weren't as juicy as Publix's peaches from farther away, almost had the dryness of an apple, but for 1/3 the price, I can't complain to much.

We went from strawberries to peaches, now I need to find the next cheap fruit to keep her away from my junk food stash...
    Last edited by Ominous Gamer; 08-06-2011 at 03:55 PM.
    "In a field where an overlooked bug could cost millions, you want people who will speak their minds, even if they’re sometimes obnoxious about it."

Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    I do what I can when circumstances allow. Got lucky this season because she has an insatiable hunger when it comes to peaches. Walmart had been selling Georgia peaches for 88 cents a pound. We went through so many damn peaches . They weren't as juicy as Publix's peaches from farther away, almost had the dryness of an apple, but for 1/3 the price, I can't complain to much. We went from starberries to peaches, now I need to find the next cheap fruit to keep her away from my junk food stash.
    My aversion to most packaged foods is actually because of the sodium, that's why I couldn't resist the opportunity.

Both of my kids have always loved fruit - although he dislikes oranges, and she doesn't much like apples. Does Scarlett like yogurt?

He is actually a quite picky eater, it's just that what he chooses to eat is so absurdly healthy that no one ever understands why I would want to complain.
    We're stuck in a bloody snowglobe.