Thread: covid-19

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Also, your choice of words doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, it just makes you sound like a hysterical idiot (no offense, and I don't mean you are, but it makes you sound like one). Not just in this post, but your posting style in general. IDK if you think that's something to be proud of, but it takes away from your credibility.
    What's hysterical is forbidding people by law from having a child's birthday party, when there's no risk of healthcare collapsing.

What's hysterical is making it illegal for a double vaccinated 91 year old to see their children and grandchildren together as they're from separate households, when nobody is dying from the virus.

The pandemic is over. It's time to restore our basic liberties. That's not hysterical.

As I said earlier this has become a zero covid cult for some people. The end of deaths or healthcare collapse isn't enough for some people. I have no time for such cultists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.

Quote Originally Posted by RandBlade View Post
    What's hysterical is forbidding people by law from having a child's birthday party, when there's no risk of healthcare collapsing.

What's hysterical is making it illegal for a double vaccinated 91 year old to see their children and grandchildren together as they're from separate households, when nobody is dying from the virus.
    Sure, fair argument. But your hyperbolic way of posting makes it very hard to take anything you write seriously. If that's what you want, you do you, but it's not constructive to the discussion.

Is it still illegal to visit other households in the UK? Because from your way of posting it's impossible to tell, and it's not like those of us who don't live in the UK know the rules there. I know at least some restrictions were lifted.
    The pandemic is over.
    Arguably it isn't, at least not in all ways.
    Keep on keepin' the beat alive!

Quote Originally Posted by Flixy View Post
    Sure, fair argument. But your hyperbolic way of posting makes it very hard to take anything you write seriously. If that's what you want, you do you, but it's not constructive to the discussion.

Is it still illegal to visit other households in the UK? Because from your way of posting it's impossible to tell, and it's not like those of us who don't live in the UK know the rules there. I know at least some restrictions were lifted.
    What exactly is hyperbolic? If you have an issue then I'm happy to address it. I've not been hyperbolic at all that I know of: I said that I think the only possible reason to take away people's civil liberties is to prevent major amounts of deaths and the collapse of the healthcare system, disease as normal is something we simply have to live with and treat as a part of life as normal. I stand by that, that's not hyperbolic.

It is against the law to see friends or family indoors at the moment in groups of more than six, or two households. So for instance if I wanted to see my 91 year old grandad and my dad at the same time, that's against the law. Or having an indoors children's party, or a plethora of other indoor activities are all criminalised at the minute. Even though all the adults are vaccinated.
    Arguably it isn't, at least not in all ways.
    In my opinion I've not seen any good arguments to say it isn't. Not when deaths and hospitalisations have stopped. Cases without deaths or hospitalisations isn't a pandemic in any meaningful definition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ominous Gamer View Post
    ℬeing upset is understandable, but be upset at yourself for poor planning, not at the world by acting like a spoiled bitch during an interview.